Friday, September 19, 2008

She meant the drink (I think)

This morning, a hospital call came in at about 7:15.  On the way back, I stopped at a local Starbucks for a coffee; I figured I earned it.  Also, this is one of the first chilly mornings in a while.  For the first time in recent memory, a hot drink appealed to me more than something iced.

The lady behind the counter was a little confused as to whose drink belonged to whom; There were a few of us waiting.  Sort of recognizing me, she said, "I think this is yours, 'cause you're usually a hot kind of guy."

Me = "A hot kind of guy."

I never get told that; It made my day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You gotta love it, when your day starts off with an unexpected compliment! I'm sure you'll be smiling all day, as you remember your morning Starbucks. We sure can influence each other when we least expect it! Thanks for sharing the story, Padre - I'll be smiling today as I think about it, too!