Sunday, March 15, 2009

T.S.O.P.

Fresh off of my trip to Philadelphia last week, I'm now obsessing on "The Sound of Philadelphia" music of Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff.  On my day trip last Thursday, we passed by the building which houses Gamble & Huff's Philadelphia International Records, where many of these songs were recorded.  They even have a gift shop, which a guy opened up for us when he saw me peeking through the window.  If you're on Broad and Spruce.  Hmmmm, I wonder where American Bandstand was filmed?

Still trying to figure out my iPod, I was all set to buy some of the the music (The Stylistics, the O'Jays, Harold Melvin, the MFSB orchestra, etc.), when I found out I already had a bunch of the songs.  I just had to make a playlist for them, which beats spending another $1.06 per song just to find out you already had it.

In the meantime, this is just a taste.  Oh, who to dedicate it to? (he says with a sly grin on his face)

1 comment:

deb said...

Watch the two men dancing directly in front of the O'Jays -- one man is wearing a navy vest, the other a buttercup yellow one -- they easily could fit in with the dancers at the rehearsal for the Charlie Brown Christmas pageant.....