Sunday, March 08, 2009

Father falls the third time...

...and a fourth, and a fifth. Well, I don't like to think of it as falling, as much as intentionally dropping down to my knees to stop some pucks.  Yesterday I played hockey at the Wachovia Arena in Wilkes-Barre Pennsylvania, home to the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins of the American Hockey League.  As we did last year, the members of the Geezer Hockey League bought a group package of tickets, and so were able to play a game on the Penguin's home ice.  Here are some pictures.  More should be coming from the family members who were there taking pictures.

The arena

A group shot after the game.
I'm on the far right (no pun intended)


Ellen said...

Did you need that genuflecting ice pack after the game?

Fr. Jay Toborowsky said...

I've found a mix of ibuprofen and Aleve works better than icepacks.

Ellen said...

Isn't this growing older thing a pain - in the knees and hips and back..... Looks like you game was lots of fun.

ghp said...

Fr. Jay,

I LOVE your "Black Plague" hockey jersey! Love the death's head!!!

Effff .... I don't see your collar....???

--Guy P.