Thursday, July 03, 2008

Greetings from Old Bridge, New Jersey

I'm now coming to you from another parish in my diocese.  As I wrote before, I have been transferred to the parish of St. Thomas the Apostle in Old Bridge, New Jersey.  I've been here since Tuesday morning, July 1st, getting myself unpacked and settled in.  Of course, in the world of the blogosphere, where I am doesn't really matter.  As long as you have the Young Fogeys web address, you can always find me right here.

Today is, whaddyaknow, the feast day of my new parish's patron!  Last year, I wrote about Pope Benedict's Wednesday Audience discourse about St. Thomas, so if you want to do a little spiritual reflection on the doubter, click here.  I have the 7pm daily Mass in a few hours, and I'm wondering what I'll end up saying in the homily?  I never quite know what's going to come out until it does, but that makes it exciting.  Some guys can be so God-awful boring, reading something they wrote word for word in a monotone voice.  Others rip something off from a "homily hints" subscription service, and read it for the first time when they're reading it to the Mass attendees (they're almost as surprised at what they've just said as the people in the pews!).

Well, I have to go back to unpacking now.  Right now my room resembles, well, do you remember that last scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark? The warehouse with rows upon rows of boxes?  You get the picture.

1 comment:

Black Biretta said...

Alpha's loss is Old Bridge's gain.

Good luck on your new assignment.