Then I thought about which books have helped me in my years as a seminarian and Priest? So I looked on my bookshelves, and these are some of the books that are there (and in no particular order):
- In the Presence of Our Lord: The History, Theology, and Psychology of Eucharistic Devotion by Fr. Benedict Groeschel, CFR and James Monti (published by Our Sunday Visitor). A nice survey book.
- Catholics and the Eucharist: A Scriptural Introduction by Stephen Clark (Servant Publications, Ann Arbor). A bit more involved reading.
- The Eucharist, Gift of Divine Life prepared by the Theological-Historical Commission for the Great Jubilee of the Year 2000 (Crossroad Publishing Company, NY). An excellent book to read and reflect upon, good spiritual reading.
- The Hidden Manna: A Theology of the Eucharist by Fr. James O'Connor (Ignatius Press). We used this one in our seminary class on the Eucharist.
- God is Near Us: The Eucharist, The Heart of Life by Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger (Ignatius Press). A collection of pre-papacy essays and homilies from different occasions.
- The Holy Eucharist: Christ's Inestimable Gift by Francis Cardinal Arinze (Our Sunday Visitor). A paperback book, great for meditations in front of the Bl. Sacrament.
- The Eucharist: Our Sanctification by Fr. Raniero Cantalamessa, OFM Cap (Liturgical Press, Collegeville, MN).