Wednesday, May 09, 2012

and now, the Carpathia.

Let me channel my inner "Lionel Ritchie":

"Hello. Is it me you're looking for?"

Wow, a month since I blogged.  I was surprised and slightly embarrassed when I checked saw the date of my last entry.  This morning, as I was reading some things about President and Mrs. George H. W. Bush's recent cruise across the Atlantic, these caught my attention, especially because my last blog entry had "Titanic" in the title.

The Cunard cruise line's website and blog has to very interesting entries about their own observance of the centenary since Titanic's sinking.  Their ship, the Carpathia, came to the rescue of Titanic's survivors.

First, click HERE for the link to the story of Carpathia.

Next, click HERE for Cunard's remembrance of Titanic's sinking and the tribute to Carpathia's captain and crew.

No comments: