Sunday, March 13, 2011

How I spent my summer vacation

Well, not really. Last summer is a memory, and next summer hasn't happened yet.

But it has been 43 days since my last entry. In the last two weeks, in particular, I've had more than a few people ask me why I wasn't blogging anymore.

No reason, really. Lots of reasons, actually. I don't know. What was the question again?

To be honest, blogging is a bit of a thing of the past. Facebook does it better, and it's much easier to put a thought or two onto a Facebook page than have to write something relevant, witty, and complete, on a blog. Don't get me wrong, I am overwhelmingly flattered that people want to read what I have to say. I thank you all for your support and your very kind words. You mean the world to me.

I've also been a bit busy lately, unlike some of the bloggers out there, I have a "daytime job", so to speak, and that comes first (and second, and third). Blogging has always been more of a freetime activity than a ministry, so when the freetime diminishes, so does the blogging.

BUT, Lent is here, and with it, the chance to not just eliminate something from my life but also add something. So, yes, I will try to be more attentive to the blog and spewing my sludge around the blogosphere for any and all who wish to read.

I'll be around here more often, and I hope you will, too.

FrJT

1 comment:

Helene said...

I've heard say that a priest has not only a day job, but a morning, evening and night job. Thank you for your faithfulness and the Sacraments. Without them all would be lost.