Sunday, May 09, 2010

A priest gift idea

When I was first ordained, I started subscribing to the weekly English edition of L'Osservatore Romano, the Vatican newspaper. It's a bit expensive ($129 a year), but realize you get 52 issues so it comes to about $2.50 an issue.

In honor of the Year for Priests, they're running a special for new subscriptions for Priests, where you get 20% off (so it comes to about $103).

This time of year, people are looking for gift ideas for newly ordained Priests or Priests celebrating anniversaries, retirements, transfers, etc. But hurry, the offer ends at the end of June.

Here's an idea.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting this. You guys are so hard to buy for... any other ideas are always welcome! This is a great idea. Thanks :)

chloesmom said...

I'd love to order this for our pastor, but he said (and I heard it), "Whenever anything comes from Rome, we close our eyes". For obvious reasons, I'm not using my real name. BTW, I do pray for him.

Ate Mely said...

We gave our priests this:
http://www.amazon.com/Keurig-Platinum-Single-Cup-Brewing-System/

for end of the 'Year for Priest' gift and each one supposedly loves it.