Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Suggestion for parishes

Last night my parish's Senior Citizens group had their "Christmas party" (I know, "Christmas on December 1?"  Don't get me started).  They started the party with a cocktail hour at 6pm.  When I left at about 9:15, they were still going strong, with no signs of stopping.

When it comes to social events at a parish, why is it that people will stay until the bitter end of the party, but duck out of Mass after Communion because of some sort of fear of avoiding the push of the crowd?

Maybe if we put a DJ in the church hall that plays the "electric slide" after Mass?

2 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Or a cocktail hour?

Victoria said...

Maybe the seniors could be encouraged to remain behind in thanksgiving until the majority of people have left; that's what I do.

These people would have all received an orthodox Catholic formation. Maybe they need reminding of the meaning of Holy Mass and the Real Presence.